Whew. The back of this sweater is a puzzle. I think – I hope that I have it somewhat figured out. I am taking the advice of my blogging friend Susan B, and I am just thinking about the sweater in small chunks. I am not going to think about how in the world I am going to adapt the sleeves to fit my altered armholes. I am not going to think about the placement of the colorwork on the sleeves. I am especially not going to think about how in the world I will put a zipper in my finished sweater.
Today there was much ciphering and eye scrunching as I tried to figure out how and where to decrease for the armholes. I realized that my pattern is not going to totally work. The pattern I am using has a colorwork yoke thing going and raglan sleeves. The sweater I am copying does not. David agreed that he did not want raglan sleeves, so I have been trying to do sleeve conversion. I found another pattern in my book with regular old set-in sleeves. (I don’t know what the heck a person who knows what they are doing calls them.)
So I may just have it figured out. We shall see. This pattern measures things in centimeters rather than inches. I am really kind of liking that. Fewer fractions I think. That may make no sense. This project is addling my brain.
So back I go to my notes, scribblings and then the actual knitting itself.
I’m sending you sympathy and lots of encouragement. My brain hurts just thinking about your project from a distance 🙂 focusing on one small part at a time will help, I’m sure. You can do it!