Finished the coolest hat today. I was so happy to finish it that I wanted everyone to try it on.
I didn’t get the greatest of pictures so I went for creative cropping.
Even styrofoam head lady:
I even got one that almost looks like the hat is floating in the air.
The cables almost have a medusa thing going. I am not going to dwell on this idea.
I started this hat back in August. I finally got it done. It was pretty slow going with all the cables, but I enjoyed it.
Yesterday, I was nearing the end when suddenly – I was tugging (I thought just a little) on a stitch which was a little tight from a previous cable or something. All of a sudden my yarn broke. Not the yarn coming from the skein. The actual loop over the needle. All of a sudden I had two less than 1/2 inch little ends looking at me. It was kinda terrifying. I thought for a minute, and then I ripped it back a couple of rows. I put all the stitches back on the needles, and then I put the project in timeout for the rest of the day. (I learned about knitting project timeouts from TheKnitGirllls. I’ve been watching their videocast for the last couple of months. I love to watch and knit with them.) Anyway, I got it back out today and everything was ok. No stitches disappeared – well except for that broken one – I’m not sure what happened to it or how I compensated for it.
Great hat. Great pattern. Great rustic yarn too.