I’ve been knitting some miniature sock ornaments for a few little Christmas gifts.
There are a bunch of free patterns to choose from. I even found one that is knit flat and then sewn up, but I went with dpns in the round even though it’s a little fiddly at first. Overall, they were fun to knit and went pretty quickly.
After I was done, I wanted to make pretty cords so that they can be hung on the tree. I wasn’t sure what the best way was to do this. I found one technique where you cast on 36 stitches and then cast them off. This worked pretty well. I did some that way, and then I did the rest with a 3 stitch i-cord. I’m not sure which one I like knitting better. They look pretty similar, and I think they took about the same time to knit.
I wanted to take some pictures, and I enlisted the help of Davey. I always enjoy getting some new pictures of Davey.
What is great about these little socks is that I was able to use leftover yarn to make them. I had some fun leftovers to choose from too. I had some Zauberball wool, some Wollmeise, and best of all, I had some cashmere as well. I have not knit with cashmere that much (not nearly enough). It worked well for these little socks.
Thanks to my cooperative little Davey!